Adirondack Family Activities: Puppet People at LARAC

Puppetry combines elements of problem solving and creativity. It can also segue children from watching television to seeing a live performance. According to Puppet People co-founder, Mark Carrigan, puppetry can spark the imagination where watching television can not.

“I got into puppetry as a small child. I remember watching a puppet show when I was in third grade, running home and making my own puppets,” says Carrigan. “After receiving a degree in sculpture, I worked with Bennington Marionettes sculpting the marionettes’ faces. I met my wife there.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be A Nature Detective: What Tree has Camouflage Bark?

Crafts: Aldo Leopold Bench Plans

Adirondack Treats: Make Your Own Mirror Lake Inn Chocolate Chip Cookies (recipe)